The Gilmour Project – Pink Floyd’s “The Dark Side Of The Moon”
The Gilmour Project returns in 2023 celebrating the 50th Anniversary of Pink Floyd’s 1973 ‘The Dark Side of The Moon’. There are Pink Floyd tribute bands … and then there is The Gilmour Project. The 5-piece, All-Star ensemble, quickly gained a reputation for flipping the ‘Tribute Band’ script on its head, with exploratory performances of iconic and deep cut Pink Floyd classics, David Gilmour-centric and solo compositions, and pulling other surprise classic rock masterpieces out of their hats. Their version of (David Gilmour ‘discovery’) Kate Bush’s ‘Running Up That Hill’ appeared nightly in their sets, weeks ahead of its ‘Stranger Things’ buoyed resurgence to the top of the charts and worldwide press … making the band appear spookily prescient. Not satisfied with laurel resting, they immediately began adding geographic / historically prerogative selections … Grateful Dead’s ‘Dark Star’ in San Francisco … Patti Smith’s (Van Morrison’s actually) ‘Gloria’ in Detroit … The Band’s ‘The Weight’ in Ontario … The Allman Bros. ‘Jessica’ in Atlanta … Tom Petty’s ‘Breakdown’ in Florida … Santana’s (Peter Green composition) ‘Black Magic Woman’ in Mexico City.
The Gilmour Project is
- Jeff Pevar (lead guitar with CSN, David Crosby/CPR, Joe Cocker, Ray Charles, Bette Midler, Blue Floyd, Phil Lesh & Friends, Ricki Lee Jones, Marc Cohn),
- Kasim Sulton (bass & vocals with Todd Rundgren’s Utopia, Meatloaf, Blue Oyster Cult, Hall & Oates, Cheap Trick & Joan Jett),
- Prairie Prince (co-founder of The Tubes, original drummer with Journey, drums with Todd Rundgren, Blue Floyd, Jefferson Starship, Phil Lesh & Friends, XTC, George Harrison, Chris Isaak, Dick Dale),
- Mark Karan (guitar & vocals with Bob Weir, RatDog, The Other Ones, The Airplane Family, Live Dead ’69, Tom Constanten
- Scott Guberman keyboard & vocals with Phil Lesh & Friends, Live Dead ’69, Keystone Revisited, Englishtown Project